- The sickle cell problems I have had
- Sickle cell disease pain plan, including how I am taking long- or short-acting opioids
- Ability to manage pain according to pain plan
- How to prevent complications of sickle cell disease
- Things that cause my pain such as cold weather, cigarette smoke, and others
- The importance of going to the doctor quickly when I get a fever
- Symptoms of stroke
Can I find medical care without too much help from my parents?
Who is on my future adult primary health care team?
If considering having children, what is my partner's sickle cell trait status?
What is the risk of my offspring having sickle cell disease?
Can I tell my doctors how I learn and remember things best?
- Sickle Cell Disease Transition Readiness Assessment (from ASH)
- Taking Charge of Your Health and Health Care (from CDC)
- Sickle Cell Adolescent Transition Program (from Children’s National)
- Sickle Cell Transition E-Learning Program (STEP) for Teens w/SCD (from St. Jude)
- Mobile Apps that help track pain crises and other disease symptoms (VOICE Crisis Alert, POMS: Prevention of Morbidity in Sickle Cell Anemia, and sickleWell)