The Sickle Cell Disease Coalition will regularly share news highlighting our collective and individual efforts to change the status quo for people with sickle cell disease.
- State of Sickle Cell Disease Improving, But Further Progress Needed (September 20, 2018)
- Report on Sickle Cell Disease Suggests That Current State of Treatment and Care is Inadequate and Improvements Are Needed (September 06, 2016)
To join our press distribution list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCD Presentation Summaries from the 2020 American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
The 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting featured many symposia on breaking sickle cell disease (SCD) research and guidance. The Sickle Cell Disease Coalition Research & Clinical Trials Working Group distilled key SCD information presented at the 2020 ASH Annual Meeting into accessible summaries for dissemination to the SCD community. Each summary from the 2020 ASH Annual Meeting is written in plain language to ensure wide comprehension of topics covered.
- Research highlights the challenges of managing chronic pain in sickle cell disease
- Researchers study the effects of COVID-19 on persons with sickle cell disease and sickle cell trait
- Researchers study why some patients with sickle cell disease have severe reactions after receiving a transfusion
- Researchers test a new therapy called CTX001™ that uses gene editing to increase hemoglobin in patients with sickle cell disease and beta thalassemia
Understanding the Impact of Sickle Cell Disease
This infographic can help you better understand what SCD is and how it impacts individuals across the globe.