Sickle Cell Disease Coalition
When a doctor does understand sickle cell disease, . . . the care is superb.
What is Sickle Cell Disease?
Sickle Cell Disease is an inherited blood disorder that causes red blood cells to form into a crescent shape, like a sickle. These cells break apart easily, clump together, and stick to the walls of blood vessels, blocking the flow of blood, which can lead to a range of serious health issues.
The Sickle Cell Disease Coalition is composed of public health, research, and provider organizations, patient groups, faith-based organizations, federal agencies, industry representatives, and foundations with an interest in Sickle Cell Disease.
- America's Blood Centers
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics*
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Public Health Association*
- American Red Cross
- American Society for Apheresis
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy
- American Society of Hematology*
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (ASPHO)
- American Thoracic Society
- Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses
- Association of Public Health Laboratories*
- Axis Advocacy
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Cerus Corporation
- College of American Pathologists
- Crispr Therapeutics
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
- FMDT SOS GLOBI
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Foundation for Sickle Cell Disease Research
- Functional Fluidics
- Global Blood Therapeutics
- Hematology and Oncology Society of Africa*
- International Association of Sickle Cell Disease Nurses and Physician Assistants
- Ironwood Pharmaceticals
- Mast Therapeutics, Inc.
- Medunik USA
- Muhimbilii University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) Sickle Cell Programme
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- National Marrow Donor Program
- National Medical Association (NMA)
- National Minority Quality Forum
- Prolong Pharmaceuticals
- Sancilio & Company, Inc.
- Sickle Cell Adult Provider Network
- Sickle Cell Aid Foundation
- Sickle Cell Community Consortium
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America*
- Sickle Cell Society UK
- Sickle Cell Warriors
- Sickle Transplant Alliance for Research (STAR)
- Terumo BCT
- Thalassaemia International Federation
- The Emmes Corporation
- The Shikuri Project Charitable Trust
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals
*Member belongs to the Steering Committee.